Once you decide on which pallet rack system you need — whether it’s our proprietary K3 Werks racks or one of the many fine pallet rack manufacturers we offer — there’s another very important step that you can’t forget about: installation. After all, pallet racks that arrive at your doorstep aren’t at all useful until they’re erected, so it’s very important that you choose the right pallet rack installation experts.
At DAK Equipment & Engineering, we’re not just about selling you the industrial shelving that you need. In fact, we’re there for you both before and after the sale, ensuring that you’re getting the most out of your warehouse. Whether you have standard pallet racks, push-back racking, pallet flow racks, or some combination, we’re here to help.
So, why trust DAK when it comes to pallet rack installation?
We Know the Racking Hardware
First of all, there’s no one in the Midwest who knows industrial shelving and racking better than us. For over twenty years we have been serving the midwest by providing pallet rack systems that endure. We’ve seen a lot happen in that time — especially around steel prices — and have seen shelving systems come and go.
When you choose DAK, you’ll be working with a company that has seen it all. We’ve worked with small warehouses in the middle of the city and huge warehouses at the edge of small towns. DAK has provided simple pallet racks and complex industrial conveyor systems to companies of every size. Because we’ve provided such a variety of equipment, we’re sure to be able to work with you to determine exactly what you need. In fact, we might be able to come up with solutions you’ve never heard of, racking that might save you money and space.
Equipment Is Only As Good As the Installation
When you’re spending so much money on industrial pallet racks, you want them to last. Unfortunately, even the best pallet racking can cause problems if it’s not installed properly. Racking that is put up wrong can twist and bend in ways it shouldn’t, potentially causing collapse. Here’s what you need to protect:
- The Racks Themselves – DAK might have good prices on storage racking systems, but they’re still not cheap! If a pallet rack twists and bends, it might not be repairable you and could be out the cost of new racking.
- Your Inventory – You’re purchasing industrial storage racks for a reason, and the most common reason is to store inventory. If a rack collapses, you could lose many thousands of dollars in inventory.
- Your Warehouse Equipment – It’s not just the racks and the inventory you have to worry about, but any equipment that’s under them at the time. This includes conveyor systems, material handling systems, forklifts, and any modular offices or mezzanines that might be connected or standing nearby.
- Employee Dangers – Of course, the cost of racking and inventory is nothing compared to the dangers employees are put in. When you invest in proper pallet rack installation, you’ll be doing the right thing by ensuring your employees have a safe place to work.
Include A Warehouse Strategy Plan
When you work with DAK Equipment & Engineering, you’re not just buying pallet racks from a wholesale supplier. You’re getting experts in the field who can help your company with every step of your industrial shelving situation.
“Every step” includes helping you with your warehouse strategy planning. While warehouses might seem like simple parts of the supply chain, they’re much more complex and have more options than most people realize. When you work with our warehouse strategy planners, you’ll be introduced to the latest and greatest options in warehouse organization and optimization. We can help you make the most of your space, no matter how big or how small. Read more about strategic planning for your warehouse right here.
Moving Is Just As Important
It’s not just new pallet racks that we install. Sometimes we will take care of the dismantlement and relocation of industrial racking systems. As we discussed in this blog, there are a few reasons why a company might decide to move their storage racking.
- Redesign – Having a warehouse strategy plan is incredibly important when it comes to improving the efficiency of your space. Getting a more efficient warehouse layout design can prevent the need to build additional warehouses.
- Moving – Sometimes the pallet racks are fine but the warehouse is falling down around it. Perhaps the building is old or flooded, and the racks have to be moved to a new location.
- Getting a New Floor – Whether the floor is cracked and crumbling or it just needs a new coat of epoxy in order to make spills easier to clean up, we can dismantle the pallet racks, store them, and then reassemble them as needed.
- Replacement – Of course, sometimes the moving being done is “out the door.” If your old racks are still in good working order as you replace them, we can help you sell them and install the new ones as well.
Don’t Forget the Pallet Rack Inspections
Once you have us install your pallet racks in your warehouse, it’s important to have them inspected often. This can help prevent them from suffering catastrophic collapse.
Why do industrial pallet racks need to be inspected? Sometimes it’s due to earthquakes, and other times because the pallet rack itself had a flaw. But the most common reason that pallet racks fail is due to forklifts hitting them. Unfortunately, not every forklift hit gets reported, and if the damage is left unreported it can get worse and worse under the weight of the inventory. Our expert preventive maintenance inspectors can make sure that any problems with the racking is addressed and repaired — or replaced — quickly.
Ready To Get Professional Pallet Rack Installation?
DAK Equipment & Engineering is here for you every step of the way when you’re looking for any type of warehouse racking. We can offer you options you may never have considered, help you plan your warehouse around them, install them, and inspect them after the fact. If you’re ready for one-stop rack system shopping, contact us today!