If you are in the market for a pallet rack system for your wholesale market in Chicago, you are probably wondering which type is best for you. Well, there are several factors that will determine which system should be implemented at your location. Here are a few considerations;
- You need to know how much space is available for pallet storage.
- You will need to know the height of your ceilings.
- Take into consideration the amount of money you are willing spend.
- What type of pallets are you planning on using and what are their sizes?
- How often will you need to be accessing the pallets?
- Concerning what you are storing, do your products have a shelf life?
- What type of fork truck will be used to access pallets?
With a better understanding of your specific requirements, narrowing down your choices becomes much easier.
The most basic method of pallet rack storage is floor stacking, which the pallets are simply placed on the floor in rows. In this scenario, the pallet racks can be placed as deep as your facility space allows.
The most common type of pallet rack storage used today is selective pallet racking. This type of rack storage uses uprights with crossbeams to create a shelf to store your pallets. If height allows it, you may have multiple levels.
Drive-in racking allows the fork truck to drive directly into the bay. This system is best suited for storing a large quantity of the same type of product.
There are other pallet rack system that might suit you better. For more information concerning pallet rack systems, feel free to contact us.