If you’ve been searching for ways to lower your costs, you aren’t alone. Most warehouses face the yearly challenge of doing more with less. As your inventory increases, though, one thing you won’t be able to do without is wholesale pallet rack. Warehouses across the United States depend on pallet rack systems to organize their space and keep products going out the door to their customers. If you need to save money while simultaneously make room for more products, DAK Equipment can help.
Here are some tips on how to save on the pallet rack that you need:
- Look for wholesale opportunities. If you are buying a lot of pallet racks or supplying multiple sites, you may be able to get wholesale pricing on an order. Many suppliers will provide bulk discounts on the pallet rack you need if you are buying in large quantities.
- Evaluate how to do more with the space that you have. There is no point in purchasing additional pallet racks if you aren’t already using your existing racks to their maximum potential. Take time to evaluate your current racks for additional storage space before you spend money on new racks.
- Change your layout. Sometimes something as easy as setting up your pallet racks in a slightly narrower aisle can help free up room or condense your product load, giving you space within your warehouse without investing in new pallet racks.
- Buy used. As warehouses upgrade or change their pallet rack systems, they will often sell their old system to try to recoup some of the cost. You can work with a broker or look online for used systems that are compatible with yours.
- Work with an experienced warehouse design company. Doing it on your own is possible, but working with an experienced company can help you save. Not only could their experienced crew help you find less expensive pallet racks, they may be able to put you in touch with a business that needs to get rid of their old stuff.
While pallet racks are a necessary expense when it comes to the operation of your warehouse, it isn’t one that has to drain your budget. Thinking outside of the box and working with an experienced material handling team can end up saving you a lot of money on your purchase, which can go directly back to your bottom line. You’ll be able to concentrate on lowering costs while increasing production in your newly organized warehouse.
DAK Equipment & Engineering would love to the warehouse team that you work with to purchase the pallet rack that you need. Whether you are looking for wholesale pallet rack, used pallet racks, or something that’s brand new, our team can help. Give us a call or contact us through our website and we’ll put you in touch with a DAK project manager. We’ll make sure you get the products you need to make your warehouse look and function better than ever! Get in touch with DAK Equipment & Engineering today.