You know the importance of properly maintaining the equipment in your warehouse to ensure that it is all working perfectly. The same thing goes for the conveyor systems in your Chicago warehouse. Your conveyors need maintenance just like the rest of your warehouse equipment. However, many people seem to get stuck on how to maintain this machinery correctly. DAK Equipment has a few tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of your conveyor system and keep it working smoothly for years to come:
- Keep your conveyor systems clean. This important step will keep your conveyor free from debris that could end up jamming it. It will also allow you to easily spot an issue with the conveyor system.
- Listen for strange noises. You’ll often hear an issue with your conveyor belt before you see it. Listen for issues and encourage your operators to keep their ears open as well.
- Test the control equipment often. Make sure that emergency stop buttons and other control equipment is in proper working order. This is a test that should happen daily for maximum user protection.
- Check all parts of the conveyor system for damage or wear and replace pieces as necessary.
- Watch for misalignment in the system, either with the belts or the rollers and take action to correct it. These minor misalignments can end up causing huge problems for the conveyor systems down the road.
Don’t take the conveyor systems in your Chicago warehouse for granted. Do daily inspections to ensure your system is working correctly and take corrective actions when needed to ensure that minor issues with your conveyor systems don’t become huge, work-stopping-problems in the future. A little preventative maintenance will go a long way with your conveyor systems. Oil and lubricate moving pieces regularly to ensure smooth movements and keep a standard repair schedule for your conveyor systems.
No matter how big or small your conveyor systems are, they will benefit from regular inspections and consistent preventative maintenance. The system will end up costing less over its lifetime and you’ll experience fewer errors. If you are like most warehouses in the Chicago area, you depend on your conveyor systems a great deal to keep your warehouse moving. Sure, you might be able to live without this piece of equipment, but you’ll need a lot more employees and you’ll be shipping your products a lot slower. Give your conveyor systems the love they need and keep them rolling along.
Need help maintaining your conveyor system, need a new one installed or need an old one repaired? DAK Equipment can help. Our knowledgeable team can provide you with the services that you need. Just give us a call and we’ll put you in touch with an experienced warehouse professional who can help. We love working with Chicago-area warehouses to help them get the service they need for their conveyor systems. You can give us a call or contact us online and we’ll help you keep your conveyor systems rolling along smoothly.