Many businesses will need to face the challenges of moving their facility sooner or later. Usually, this is a good thing; it’s often a sign that your business is growing and that your facility needs to grow with it. Of course, there are a number of things you can do to put off the move to a larger facility, including:
- Scaling back your on-hand inventory
- Installing a mezzanine deck
- Optimizing your warehouse equipment layout
Even if you’ve done all of this, though, you may eventually need to move. It will take a great deal of coordination between your teams to ensure that the transition is a smooth one and that you lose as little production time as possible. Thankfully, the DAK Equipment team can help move your wholesale pallet racks and other materials handling equipment and get your operation back up and running in as little time as possible.
Tips to Make Your Warehouse Relocation Easier
- Create an optimized layout for the new space. When you start with a plan, it’s going to be much easier to get everything in its new place on moving day. A clear and comprehensive layout will help people know what they need to do next to complete the move, too, so you aren’t wasting time micromanaging the process.
- Label everything. You already know the importance of labeling shelves, racks, and rows in your warehouse. It’s just as important when you move, too. If you are moving items that are destined for the pallet racks, label them with their future location. That way there is no question about where the items are supposed to go in your new space.
- Move in sections. Take it a bite at a time and the whole moving process will seem more manageable. Moving your warehouse in sections will also help you avoid mix ups and errors when the job is done.
- Use what you can from your old location. If your old warehouse equipment is in good shape, keep using it. There is no need to invest in a new pallet racking system if your old one is still workable and suitable for the new space.
- Hire professional help. It’s tempting to ask your team to do the move for you, and they may be able to pitch in. However, you might find they are better suited for focusing on customer service issues and keeping orders going out the door while a professional team handles the move. It’s often faster and a better use of your money.
How DAK Equipment Can Help With Your Move
We’ve been helping warehouse and distribution centers relocate their materials handling equipment for years. We understand the inherent challenges of a move and how to overcome them. Here are some of the ways we can help!
Disassembly and Relocation Services
Our team can come into your materials handling facility and disassemble your wholesale pallet rack, conveyor belts, carton flow racks, and other equipment and safely transport it to your new facility. There, we can re-assemble your equipment to a new configuration that suits your new space.
Warehouse Layout Planning and Design
Our project managers can even provide you with an AutoCAD drawing of a new facility layout that uses your current inventory of shelves, conveyors, and equipment! Now you’ll know what you need to buy and where everything needs to go.
Installation of Equipment and Systems
Ready to set everything back up? We’ll do it for you. Our team will ensure that every nut and bolt of your warehouse equipment is ready for your inventory. You’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that your equipment is set up correctly and is ready for you.
Call DAK Equipment & Engineering to Discuss Your Next Move
Don’t let a move slow down your business. By having our professional team help with the job, you’ll be able to get back up and running faster than you would otherwise. Time is money, and the DAK equipment team will make sure you are saving plenty of both. If you have an upcoming move, get in touch with us today and let’s start planning the most successful move possible. Our project managers are happy to take on your project and help you manage it from beginning to end, giving you the best possible results. Call us or contact us through our website today!