Today we’ll be covering useful knowledge about the successful use of wire decking in pallet rack systems but because I’ll be referring to it in the main article, I want to remind you about the useful knowledge in the Dealer Website Toolkit.
In addition to the wire decking information, there’s a lot of other articles and documents that we’ve compiled for your use. Covering everything from a Seismic Map to System Design worksheets and Capacity Charts, it’s well worth bookmarking for future use.
Tools to Ensure Decking Success
As you’re probably aware, the DAK Equipment Dealer Price Book includes information on how to select decking based on the beam length. That information is also on the website toolkit and can be downloaded here.
You’ll also find another document further down that discusses the different types of decking and their uses.
Measuring for Decking Success
In addition to the beam length, collecting the following information will ensure a win when your design includes decking. Here’s everything you need:
- Length of beams (inside uprights) so you can use the beam length chart.
- Type of beams (Step or Box/Structural) so you can request the right decking channels.
- Capacity per pair of the beams to help estimate the needed deck capacity.
- If there will be a concentrated or “point” load, the load weight and footprint will be needed.
- The dimensions around the beam, as shown in the drawings below as well as the out-to-out of the beams to get the deck depth.
- The beam manufacturer name or pictures of the end-plates may be useful as well.
While collecting all of this information might seem like overkill for something as simple as decking, having all the data avoids problems like channels that aren’t long or tall enough to rest in the beam steps to properly support the load.
If you can’t find the information you need in The Toolkit, please don’t hesitate to call us at 630-516-1115 or email DealerSales@dakequipment.com to get your questions answered.
Helping you succeed is a win for us too!